Monday, May 5, 2008

Her name is, Kellie

So, I thought I would blog about my best friend. Her name is, Kellie. She is simply the best. When I think about the years we have share, almost 10 years, I realize that she has been the peanut to my butter and I couldn't ask for anything better.

While we have had our share of ups and downs, she truly is my best friend. I can tell her anything and she still accepts me for me, loves me for me...even though we haven't been able to spend much time together like we used to, we are still as close as if we were to see each other every day or just about.

I remember the first time I met her. What drew me to her was her laugh. She has got the most contagious laugh I have ever heard. Although I had gotten to know her a little bit that day, it wouldn't be until a year later that we would actually get to know each other and start this thing called friendship. I remember when I saw her again after that first year of not seeing her. She walked into church and I just knew that God had brought someone special into my life. I hadn't made a real friend in such a long time at that point, I didn't know how to introduce the idea of getting to know each other without sounding like a dork.

Anyway, after a week or so, I decided I would just give her my number and said, "Let's hang out sometime." She accepted and then gave me her phone #. I was a little shy at first but slowly getting to know her over that first year, I realized that God had given me something I really needed, a good friend...a great friend.

Now nearing 10 years and at least 2 huge fights that kept us from speaking for quite some time later, we are more than best friends. She is my SISTA from another MISTA. LOL!!! Since picking up just about where we left off this last fight we had that ended last July 5th to be exact, I feel like we are stronger, better and closer friends/sisters than ever.

It's quite amazing how life changes, how people can change but still be the same in many ways. It's quite amazing how this one person is truly a gift from God for me. I am blessed more now than ever to call her my Best Friend. I love ya, Girl!!!

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

I love girlfriends...they truly are an asset to life!! :)

Becky said...

You know how the saying goes, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend"? I think those diamonds are our girlfriends.