Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy, Happy...Joy, Joy!!!!

Yay!!!! I am soooooooo freakin' happy if I could do cart wheels I would!!!! So, I decided that I would go see if my friend was working tonight. Imagine my surprise when I saw him at work early and came walking with a big smile on his face, waving to me. Immediately I was freaked out by my nerves even more than I was when I first set out to his work. I mouthed the words, "Oh My God!" I said this twice when I remembered that he could read lips and grabbed my keys from the ignition and got out of my car. The first thing out of his mouth was, "I am sooooo sorry!" I told him, holding my fist up, "I could beat you up for making me worry so much!" He repeated himself and then went on to say that he tried everything he could to get a hold of me. OH! I just realized I didn't say what kept him from coming over Friday and getting a hold of me to tell me what happened. His phone had in fact crapped out on him. This was my first feeling of why he stood me up and didn't call me or whatever.

Anyway, we stood their and talked for a little over and hour; he told me about what all he did to try and get a hold of me. He doesn't have his own car right now so he does a lot of walking when he can get a ride. He said he even walked to the library which from where he lives in a good hike. I felt so special that he would go that far to make sure I knew he was ok but when he couldn't get a hold of me, I said he hoped I would come by his work to see him. He said, "I am so happy you came by. I knew you would be worried and I didn't want you to be worried like that."

To say the least, my worries are all gone and I thank God for giving me the boldness to just be brave and show my friend that I wasn't stalking him, I was just worried. I even got up the courage to ask him to my college graduation for when I get my bachelor's degree and he said, "I knew you were going to ask me and I would love to go." I honestly didn't think he would be able to but he said he would.

I am so hyper with excitement.

Thanks for any prayers that have been sent up. Much love!!!

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

Yeah!!! I never did get a chance to say "Go For It!" I am glad that it all worked out!!

Becky said...

Thanks!!!