Friday, January 23, 2009

I love....

....my baby! He gave me the best day today. A few days ago, he told me that he had a surprise for me. He said, I would have to be blindfolded and could not even try to peek. We kind of over slept for what we needed to get done today but he still took me for my surprise.

My surprise??? He took me to this place called, "Xpress It"; it's a ceramic painting place in Crofton. When we first reconnected and hung out as friends, I told him that I had always wanted to do something like that but didn't want to do it alone and most times didn't have anyone to do it with because they were always busy or something would come up. I was so surprised even though it would not be that big of a deal for someone else, it was a big deal for me. I love the simple things, the little things.

As for what I painted, I painted a butterfly shaped dish. I definitely want to go back and do it again. I think next time I will paint some pet dishes for my cats, Cleo and Tigger. It was so hard to choose what to paint. Steve was hoping to paint a gecko but they were out of the ceramic ones they normally carry. It was then that I saw that they had a wood shaped gecko thing on the wall. The lady said that is for their glass mosaics that they have available if he wanted to do that. He is so proud of his creation as am I.

It was a good day!

PS: Pictures of our creations to come once complete after the finishing touches.

No comments: