Friday, July 25, 2008

Tattoos, School and, Everything else...

Life continues...

I am 19 er 18 days away from completing school. I still can't believe it. Sometimes I will wake up after a long night of papers and studying; I will wonder "Did I really do it? Did I really get through 2+ years of college?" It amazes me. BUT I could not have done it without God, my family and, friends. There is one thing that bothers me about this though is that my brother, Jeremy and his wife, Courtney along with their kids cannot come and join in on the trip to see me get my degree because of financial reasons; neither will my Aunt Jo, who is no longer living or even my best friend, Kellie. It saddens me.

This is where the tattoos come in. I am getting a memorial tattoo in memory of my Aunt Jo. This way a little piece of her will be with me on that day. I will also carry a picture of my brother and his little family with me; as well as a picture of my best friend. This way, I can have something of everyone with me. Going back to the tattoo, Steve asked if he could sketch out a drawing for my tattoo. I just know when I see it, I will cry and I know that I will be crying as the tattoo is being done; not from pain but from because of what it will represent for me.

Ok, new topic...starting to get teary eyed.

So, today I got to see Steve...it's exactly what I needed after the last few days I have had. I think he realized that I have been missing him and that is making me feel very good that he is thinking about me in such a way. I needed this too. He really is a one of kind and I thank God for him everyday.

Speaking of Steve, he mentioned that my surprise will be coming soon. I, of course, am dying to know what it is. And he, of course, is not saying a word. Oh! Actually he did say that it is something I have never done before...but something tells me he is trying to keep me guessing and just saying that.

As for everything else, it's all good. I sometimes can't believe my life. It's not perfect but it's amazingly blessed.

Well, I think I am going to go to bed.

No comments: