Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lights, Camera...God?

After reading SCL's recent blog it got me to thinking about my recent visit to a church I once attended. I wonder sometimes if God is impressed with all the glammed and hyped up services that some Churches have. Now I am in no way judging anyone or any church. I am simply stating a thought that I have been having since Sunday.

I haven't been to this church in a very long time and only went because I was invited by my friend boy, Steve's Mom who still attends the church. It saddens me that Steve's Mom is still attending this church and in all honesty, I feel like she is a lamb being led to the slaughter house. I know I cannot pass judgement onto her or anyone else I know that still attends this church but I can't help but remember when I first saw things as they really are at this church. Again, I am not trying to pass judgement but how can this not be seen for what it really is? Or maybe I am wrong to think this?

I don't know, I still have to wonder though...is God impressed with the lights and over-abundance of extravagant praise and worship when all He wants is us to spend time with Him? I mean I know that in the bible it states that even the rocks praise him...so I know nothing is unusual per say when it comes to praising and worshipping God.

1 comment:

April E. :) said...

Hmmm that's always a toughee. Some churches do lose a certain aspect of God when we crowd him out with all the other aspects...