Friday, May 23, 2008

Warning!!! Do not read if you can't handle TMI!!!

If you read this much, do not say I didn't warn you. What you are about to read may and can be considered TMI...you have been warned!!! LOL!!!

So, here it goes....I went to my gyno this morning, what I was "suffering" from when I went to the ER on Monday is known as "Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding". All my "cycle" life, since about 12, I have never had in between bleeding and to say that it freaked me out is putting it mildly. Since Sunday eveningish, I was at a loss. I kid you not, I had a mini nervous breakdown because of this and of course there was really nothing I could do except wait until Monday morning before I could call the Dr. to find out what he/she told me to do. Well, I am self-pay, aka uninsured. I ended up speaking to the nurse who told me to go to the ER because if there is something really wrong I would already be there and not have to worry about going to them just to find out I had to go to the hospital. Well, 7 hours later and several times asked if I might be pregnant, all the tests and such taken come back negatory and while I am relieved; I am still unsure what it going on. Mind you I am still bleeding and I don't know about any other women but I don't like having my actual period let alone have this business going on. Skipping ahead...

I went to a new gyno this morning, my old one moved away and shamefully I admit it has been that long since I have been to see a gyno, and well, to say the least, I know that this was God's way of telling me that I need to start taking care of myself better. Well, I got the hint and will be doing that from now on.

As a result of today, my new gyno believes that everything should be ok but from now on, and I can't even believe it myself, I have to keep a diary of my *ahem* womanly stuff and how I feel during that time of the month and how I am feeling. To say the least this is something new for me and will take some time to get used to.

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

Oh Becky, as a fellow woman, I can only imagine how tough this is. I have had to keep track of alot of womanly stuff while trying to get pregnant as well. Just think of it as knowing your body better than anyone else and being in control of what happens. Good luck and you are in my prayers!

Becky said...

Thanks, Girl!!!