Monday, May 12, 2008

I want...

While there is, I think, there is nothing wrong with being seen as sexy I really want to be seen as beautiful. There is something more meaningful with being beautiful and being seen as beautiful. Maybe I am seen as beautiful...but when I hear sexy, I just cringe. I am not sure why but that thought, those words just sends chills up my back and I want to rip my skin off. Am I being silly here? Is there something wrong with me? Am I being too picky or demanding on what I want to hear and been seen as?

I just see something different and more virtuous in the idea and words of being beautiful.

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

I think it is a confidence issue. I too feel that being BEAUTIFUL carries more weight in my mind than someone calling me sexy. To me, sexy is an intimate term, that should be spoken by someone intimate in my life...so with that said the term beautiful can be spoken by anyone with eyes to see. As beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However with all that said, I believe that an intimate person can see both "sexiness" and "beauty" in a person depending on the person they are seeing's confidence. Does that make sense? Plus beauty is a heart thing, while sexy is just plain looks. Maybe that is my bottom line. :)

Becky said...

I do understand...it does make sense. While I have I would say enough confidence for myself and it grows as I give theses thoughts over to God, I still wish that the person who gives me this comment would say the "B" word and not the bad one! LOL!!!