Thursday, January 15, 2009

Love and Marriage...

...No, I am not going to sing the theme song to that old show. LOL! I was just sitting here thinking about my engagement and pending marriage.

You see at least 2 other times I was engaged and clearly they both didn't work out. When I look at my ring, (pictures coming soon; I promise) I realize there is something completely different in this ring. This ring is the real thing.

It's like my last knee surgery. The first two were so different from this last one. I feel stronger and more confident that this one is the one that finally "fixed" me.

With this 3rd engagement, I realize that I finally have the man that God created for me and me for him. I know that without any doubt, even in the not so good of times; that Steve and I were meant to be.

Now that we are engaged, I find myself thinking about everything from colors to where we will live and so on. I find myself overthinking; which I am very good at. It's funny, 8 months ago we were just friends with a pinch more there growing...and now we are heading down the road to be husband and wife.

No comments: